Friday, March 5, 2010

Checking In and a Little About Knitting

Sorry about not posting for a few days. This week has been a little hectic. I've been working on a research essay for my english class and doing some research for my group presentation in my communications class. I was planning on posting tonight when I got home from knit night but poor Ananzi woke up with a fever and was up and down a few times being sick and needing a drink and taking medicine. She's sleeping now and I hope she gets a really good night sleep. I'm going to keep her home from school tomorrow, so that means she'll get a four day weekend because they already don't have school on Monday.

I really can't wait to get a new camera because I finished my first pair of toe up socks and they turned out great! I really like the technique and plan on making many more pairs. I got the pattern out of Wendy Johnson's Socks From the Toe Up. I really like the book and can't wait to make another pair.

My next project is going to be the Man's Cable Cardigan from the Winter Vogue Knitting magazine (pg 59). I started the gauge swatch tonight and I am loving the yarn already. It's Ella Rae Superwash in taupe. Jake really likes how it looks. I can't wait to get started on the actual sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment